Saturday, October 17, 2009

I love orange soda.




Okay, so this post is not about orange soda, but who can forget that annoying phrase from Nickelodeon's 'Kenan & Kel'.

Anyway, I'm suffering the world's worst illness right about now (cough, cold, fever, the works. NO I DON'T HAVE SWINE FLU.), and half the college fears I will infect them. Heh. But I digress.

If you're Chinese, or maybe Asian, remember how your mother or grandmother used to tell you, "Don't drink orange juice when you're coughing. It will make it worse."

WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW. Another Chinese myth proven wrong. Citrus fruits actually aid in curing coughs. So you should drink orange juice when coughing. Ohmygod. Half my life avoiding orange juice because of that. I am so peeved. :(

I swear Chinese myths are so insane sometimes.

Don't sleep in front of a mirror. Don't eat/drink chicken/orange juice/fruits/a number of outrageous foods when you're coughing. Don't wear a shirt with a tiger/shark/any fierce-type animal on it. -_- Don't wear anything with snakes on them. Don't cut your nails at night. Don't shower right after you eat. Don't whistle while you cook. Don't sing at night. Don't. Don't. Don't. Eeeeeshhh.

Some might say, I'm neglecting my Chinese culture, but some of these old wives' tales are crazy and so annoying when your mother doesn't let you do a hundred of things just cause her mum told her it was bad.

What say you? :)


Trixie,



----------------
Now playing: Bowling For Soup - 1985





No comments: